As everyone knows that router is the most important element of the home networking system. So, if you are a Netgear user, it may interest you to know that the router is also used for fixing issues related to NETGEAR Extender Setup or the routerlogin.
You can easily configure your range extender by connecting it with your existing router. But before anything else, you have to be assured that you are using the latest version of the firmware of the router. Remember, if you are using an outdated version, you can never add it to your wireless network nor complete the configuration steps for Netgear Router Installation.
The important thing that you should keep in mind is that the router is not enough to spread the reach of your wireless network to the far corners of the house. Here, you might require a Netgear range extender to get the internet range to those areas that are considered as dead.
Here, you have to bring your range extender in the same room of router and after that connect them both with each other. Once you have connected both the devices with each other successfully, plug them into an electric wall socket and let the LED lights on them starts blinking.
When you see that the power lights on your range extender started blinking, connect your laptop or computer with the help of an Ethernet cable with the Netgear range extender. Now, what you have to do, open a web browser and type 192.168.1.250 into address bar for Netgear Router login. Next, you will be prompt to fill default login credentials and this step will directly redirect you to the home page of Netgear Genie.
NETGEAR Genie the most relevant app that is used to manage and control the security of the entire Wi-Fi system. It has also the capability of running both on MAC and PC. This app also gives its valuable users the feature of parental control and guest access.
NETGEAR Genie Parental Control
Parental controls are the latest and most comprehensive way for families to manage and control those devices that are connected to the internet every time. In this way, they can also secure their children from getting into trap by unknown or unauthorized source.
- Grab your computer.
- Open the NETGEAR Genie app via the Netgear router default IP.
- Click on the icon ‘Parental Control’.
- Enter the login details of username and password.
NETGEAR Genie Guest Access
The guest access is the smartest way of controlling your bandwidth. By the help of this feature, you can set the limit of data access for those guest or friends who often visit you.
- Log into the web interface of your device by typing 192.168.1.1 into field of the address bar.
- Confirm your network name.
- Disable SSID.
- Enter the wireless security settings.
Make sure that you aren’t using the default details of username and password. If you haven’t changed the login credentials, consider changing them at once to avoid unauthorized access.
Remember, the default details can easily be detected by anyone. Contact our tech support executives immediately. Do not apply and make changes to any process without the guidance of them.
Wait, there is more!
Before proceeding further, are you sure that your router is properly connected with your WiFi network? If not, then follow some below-given steps and complete the process of adding WiFi router to the home network.
- Make yourself 100% sure that you have a broadband cable for a new network in order to share files, data, and images between your computers.
- After that, choose a reliable wireless standard that is used commonly (A, B, G, and N). Well, you will be glad to know that new and updated AC standard is very fast, safe, and secured as compared to the previous ones. So, consider choosing B and G for internet surfing and AC for gaming.
- Next, buy a router that has preferred wireless signals.
- Now, connect your router to the existing modem with the help of an Ethernet/ USB cable. If your modem is not working and outdated, consider calling the Netgear Router support executives.
- Here, you would acquire to have a wireless adapter for computer (least important).
- Secure your wireless network by turning WEP or WPA encryption.
- At last, consider changing the password and add MAC addresses filtering.
“Note: You need to provide routers information to access the settings.”
Hope we have proved our self a lot helpful for Netgear Router login and setup. But still, if you need any sort of assistance, you are free to interact with us anytime.